Scope is a registered NDIS provider for therapeutic supports to improve daily living. Therapy can help to support NDIS participants with adjustment and adaptation, and build capacity for community participation. Our team are trained to provide ongoing support to NDIS participants to maintain a level of functioning and achieve small incremental gains.
Our NDIS team is available from Tuesday through to Friday every week. If you would like to access our NDIS services, please phone (07) 3162 8448 and select menu option 2.
What challenges can NDIS therapy help with?
- Depression, anxiety and stress
- Adjustment and life transitions
- Children with anxiety or behavioural problems
- Disability and chronic conditions
- Other mental health concerns
What outcomes are expected from NDIS therapy?
- Ongoing support to maintain a level of functioning
- Understanding strengths, challenges and needs
- Coping strategies for anxiety or stress or life transitions
- Symptom management for depression
- Adjusting to personal loss or trauma
- Dealing with child behavioural and emotional concerns
- Improving parenting skills
- Enhancing relationships
- Managing disability
What happens in the first session?
The psychologist will work to help you feel comfortable so that details can be explored and goals for treatment can be identified collaboratively. The therapeutic relationship is two way and to resolve concerns and make progress towards goals, it is very helpful for the client to commit to the process of therapy. At the first session, you can share your current concerns and situation and the psychologist will ask questions to gather more information. In the following sessions, you and the psychologist will work in collaboration on strategies to improve problem areas.
What therapeutic approaches are available?
At Scope, psychologists use the following evidence-based approaches to therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Play Therapy
Psychologists at Scope will work with you to clarify your goals. They will also track your progress each session to make sure there are improvements, and any barriers can be resolved.
Can I do therapy online?
Yes! Online therapy has all the benefits of face-to-face therapy, but can be accessed by anyone, anywhere and at anytime. Whether you’re in the city or in rural and remote regions of Australia, you can access our services from the comfort of your own home, school or office.
What are the fees for NDIS therapy?
(+$50.00 new client fee)
- Provisional Psychologist – $156.16 per hour
- Registered Psychologist – $214.41 per hour
How can I get more out of therapy?
Therapy assist is designed to support NDIS participants transfer therapy skills into everyday life. This service can be added alongside or commenced with our other therapy services, and is delivered by our specialist therapy assistants, utilising positive behaviour support frameworks.
Therapy assist for NDIS helps transfer therapy skills into everyday life:
- Practice therapy skills in practical setting
- Learn skills to problem solve daily tasks
- Enhance and optimise your environment
- Support those around you to reinforce skills learned in therapy
24 Oxford Street
Bulimba, QLD, 4171
Kabi Kabi Country
Caloundra to Noosa
Sunshine Coast, QLD
P: (07) 3162 8448
F: (07) 3161 9138
Subscribe to our Wellbeing Newsletter
Copyright 2023 Scope Psychology Services Australia Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Powered by CC Digital