Online therapy has all the benefits of face-to-face therapy, but can be accessed by anyone, anywhere and at anytime. Whether you’re in the city or in rural and remote regions of Australia, you can access our services from the comfort of your own home, school or office.
What challenges can online therapy help with?
Other mental health issues
What outcomes can I expect from online therapy?
An understanding of your condition
Identifying your areas of strength
Developing your personal coping abilities
Resources to manage your mental health and wellbeing
What therapeutic approaches do we use?
At Scope, our practitioners use the following approaches to therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Play Therapy
Our psychologists use outcome measures to monitor the progress and outcome of your treatment, and make sure that the treatment aligns with your goals for therapy.
How does the process work?
Each therapy session is 50 minutes with 10 minutes at the end for the practitioner to complete case notes and treatment planning.
Scope uses a three-stage cyclical process for psychological therapy:
- Assessment – We assess your challenges and form a diagnosis when needed. Assessment usually involves a guided discussion with your psychologist and the completion of questionnaires.
- Strategy – With a better understanding of you, we develop a treatment plan together. The treatment plan will be based on scientific research, but also tailored toward your personal goals.
- Review – We review your progress regularly, with a formal review typically after 6 sessions (depending on your symptoms). This review of your progress usually leads back up to assessment.
What are the fees?
Our standard rate for online therapy in Australia is $190.00 per hour (+$50.00 new client fee), however, this rate differs depending on which service and psychologist you select.
What will I need?
- Computer or phone
- Internet access
- A private, quiet space
Is online therapy private?
Yes! We use Zoom, which is simple and secure with end-to-end encryption. You’ll receive the link to your online session with your appointment reminder email.
Who should I see for online therapy?
- Anxiety, depression and stress
- Complex mental health conditions
- Eating disorders
- People wanting to develop their social skills and community engagement
- People accessing support through WorkCover
- Therapy for children
- Therapy for teens
- Self-esteem issues
- Social isolation
- Therapy for adults
- Psychosocial Disability (PSD) Support
- Trauma and PTSD
- Complex mental health concerns, including schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, major depressive disorder (dysthymia), bipolar, obsessive-compulsive disorder, agoraphobia and social anxiety.
- Assessing, diagnosing and supporting people with ADHD
- Supporting people with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Mood disorders (stress, anxiety and depression)
Relationship and attachment issues
- Enhancing parent-child communication and relationships
- Educational Assessment
- Responding to challenging behaviours
- Social skill development for people with Autism
- Specific Learning Disorders such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia
- Intellectual Impairment
- Executive function difficulties
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder/Conduct Disorder
- Young offenders
- Anxiety and other mood difficulties
Dr Kathy Bekavac
- Women with life-stage challenges (i.e., motherhood, career etc.)
- Consultancy, supervision and professional learning
- Critical incident intervention consultancy
- Social emotional competence consultancy
- Ethical legal requirements and management
- Learning difficulties
- Mood disorders (stress, anxiety and depression)
- Parenting and behavioural concerns
- Identity and adjustment issues (gender, self-esteem, school and work transitions)
- Relationship difficulties (conflict, separation and divorce)
24 Oxford Street
Bulimba, QLD, 4171
Kabi Kabi Country
Caloundra to Noosa
Sunshine Coast, QLD
P: (07) 3162 8448
F: (07) 3161 9138
Subscribe to our Wellbeing Newsletter
Copyright 2023 Scope Psychology Services Australia Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Powered by CC Digital